Laboratory Emergency Personal Contamination
- Remove contaminated clothing.
- Flush exposed area with tepid water for 15 minutes.
- If there are no visible burns, wash gently with soap and warm water.
- If exposure occurs in the eyes wash the contaminant out of the eye by providing a continuous flow of water. This can be done by activating the eye wash station. Be sure to enable the “hands-free” operation, remove your gloves and hold your eyes lids open. Gently position your eyes into the water stream and flush your eyes for a full 15 minutes.
- Obtain SDS.
- Obtain medical attention, if necessary.
- Report the incident to your supervisor. File appropriate accident reports and notify EH&S.